Around the world, announcements are being made concerning the re-opening of some public spaces, but most importantly, hotels, hostels and holiday homes. For the travel industry, this positive news is the first indication of a potential pickup in tourism. As a hotelier, you will have been planning for this. However, you may still be looking for strategies that will guarantee you guest reservations once your doors open.
In this 3-step guide, we will focus on attracting guests to your website and creating quick revenue flow. We’ll also share a success story from one of our partners who sold 60 rooms in less than 2 days.
Step 1: Create a tempting and unique offer
Bundle a package that ensures a unique experience at your hotel. Think outside of the box—combine your existing facilities and services or those within your vicinity to create an exclusive offer. Ensure this special deal is hard to resist, as potential travellers are still reluctant to book.
Here’s some inspiration of what you could add to your unique offer:
- Outdoor: Guided walks or hikes, golfing, tennis, fishing, boat tour, yoga classes, rock climbing, bike rental
- Indoor: Wine & dine experience, beer tasting, movie night at the hotel, live music, in-room dining special
Step 2: Share the news across your channels
Map out the channels you want to use for this advertising purpose. Consider marketing channels that you can set up in a short period of time and that suit your budget. Most importantly, ask yourself who you want to target. Don’t forget our current motto—think outside the box. Consider exploring and combining a range of channels, especially when targeting markets you might not have focussed on before. For example, targeting domestic travellers using Staycation offers, or targeting Facebook referral traffic on your website using Hotelchamp audiences.
In this specific case, our customer used the following channels as part of their promotional plan:
- Facebook ads
- A Facebook page
- Instagram Stories
- Email newsletters
- Website messaging using Hotelchamp tools
Step 3: Internal communication and alignment
Internal communication is key! Ensure each department is completely aligned and understands the various responsibilities before the offer is published and the first reservations come in.
- Revenue & Marketing: Make sure the offer is bookable via the website. All booking conditions should be entered into the system, as well as reported to the FO team.
- Front Office: Agents must be aware of special offers and their terms & conditions, for example, is the offer only bookable online? Can adjustments or cancellations be made free of charge?
- Housekeeping: Staff must ensure all COVID-19 related measures are taken care of prior to the guest arrival and during their stay.
- Food & Beverage: Waiters and kitchen staff need to be fully trained on COVID-19 related responsibilities before guest arrival. They should also be informed if any meal specials are included in the deal.
Using this strategy, our client sold out all of their Superior Rooms within 2 days of publishing their campaign. The Hotelchamp messaging performance surpassed expectations, with a CTR (click-through rate) of 31% and a conversion rate of almost 6%. Highlighting the importance of consistent multi-channel messaging, 13% of all bookings were generated via referral traffic from Facebook.
As countries begin lifting restrictions within the coming weeks, it is time to brainstorm ideas with your team. Here are some questions to help get you started:
- What makes your hotel stand out from your competitors?
- What do guests already love about your hotel?
- Which services can you offer in order to create a one of a kind experience for your potential guests?
Once you have collected your unique selling points, bundle that irresistible offer and find an efficient way to implement it. Get the word out there and create your own success story!
If you would like to set up a similar offer on your website and aren’t a Hotelchamp customer yet, contact us at email@example.com. If you are a Hotelchamp customer, check out the link below which will walk you through a 7-step guide on how to build your own Hotelchamp tool.