Sustainability is a crucial topic that is becoming more and more important with travellers but how can hotels adopt meaningful sustainability efforts and avoid falling into the trap of greenwashing? In this episode of The Hotel Marketing Show podcast, we talk with Ursula Fabre-Pilat, Digital Demand Manager at Columbus Hotel Monte-Carlo about the impactful and realistic ways that hotels can approach sustainability and how to get started, one step at a time. Plus, you'll hear how Columbus Hotel Monte-Carlo highlights these initiatives in an authentic way in their marketing, as well as which sustainability activities they don't!
Listen to The Hotel Marketing Show podcast on Spotify:
Watch The Hotel Marketing Show podcast on YouTube:
Key Topics and Time Stamps:
- Introduction - [0:00]
- Where has hotel sustainability come from and where is it heading? - [7:20]
- Is there demand from hotel guests for sustainable travel? - [11:24]
- How do you balance guest experience and sustainability? - [14:43]
- What are some meaningful and authentic sustainability actions that hotels can take? - [17:49]
- How can you communicate sustainability actions to your guests? - [20:34]
- How can hotels get started with sustainability? - [22:34]
- What does the future of sustainable travel look like? - [31:12]
- Key takeaways - [37:33]
- Conclusion - [39:15]
The Hotel Marketing Show Podcast by Hotelchamp. The podcast about all things hotel marketing. Get insights from industry-leading experts, tips to improve your hotel's website and hear about real examples from real hotels. Become a part of The Hotel Marketing Show community and get inspired and equipped with the knowledge you need to achieve your hotel marketing goals.